At Flat Fee Landlord, we make property management simple. We hire the best talent, use the latest technology, and utilize proven systems to deliver top-notch customer service and affordable property management to our clients.
Our rapidly growing, family-owned and operated, Residential Property Management company currently services 7 different markets over 4 states throughout the country and we are continuing to expand! Our team is motivated, driven, dedicated, innovated, energetic, and dependable and we look for like-minded individuals who share our work-ethic to join our team.
Flat Fee Landlord is looking for a Property Manager/Leasing Agent to assist with its growing portfolio throughout DFW. Known internally as a “Portfolio Manager” these individuals are the face of our business and vital to our organization. In this role, you will communicate and interact with prospective tenants, current residents, landlords, vendors, and our own staff. “Portfolio Managers” will provide our clients with world class customer service, preform all duties associated with leasing properties, conduct property inspections, coordinate make-readies to prepare properties for new tenants, process security deposits, provide ongoing recommendations for capital improvements and preventative maintenance in order to maintain/increase property value, oversee/coordinate eviction processes, and be flexible to assist in other administrative and/or service related capacities as needed. This position, as well as our company, has plenty of room for growth and invests heavily in educating and training our team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively communicate with tenants/residents, homeowners, vendors, and staff.
- Perform all duties related to leasing including but not limited to taking pictures, placing lockboxes, posting signage, conducting showings, and processing tenant applications.
- Receive, qualify, schedule, and show "For Rent"/”For Sale” Properties to prospective renters and buyers.
- Conduct move-in, mid-lease, and check-out inspections.
- Coordinate “make-readies” quickly and efficiently to ensure properties are fully ready for new residents to move in.
- Process security deposits.
- Provide recommendations to owners for necessary capital improvement and preventative maintenance necessary for maintaining/increasing property values.
- Oversee, coordinate, conduct, and file evictions
- Monitoring of vendor contracts, tax information, licensing and insurance certificates.
- Assist maintenance coordinators with work order follow-up and completion as needed.
- Create and administer lease renewals.
- Communicate with homeowners and tenants via telephone, in person, and online to ensure questions, requests, concerns, and comments are responded to and handled quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Contact residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis to ensure all maintenance repairs were handled satisfactorily.
- Maintain open communication with Team Lead.
- Enforce policies of the company and lease.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an active Real Estate License
- Strong interpersonal & business communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail to handle leases/inspections and make-readies
- Able to work on own with minimal supervision/direction
- Able to create own schedule and keep/update/adhere to online calendar
- Professional, flexible, and team-player
- Must have an operating vehicle and valid driver's license
- Comfortable driving about 50% or more of the time within portfolio area
- Familiar with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Competence with office management software, Propertyware
- Comfortable with technology and video conferencing
- W2 Base salary plus leasing commission and possible bonuses
- Defined career path with tons of opportunity for growth including opportunity to open your own office.
- Group Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and life insurance
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Paid time off and vacation
- Industry/career related education and training reimbursement
- Company computer equipment and cell-phone plan
- Reimbursement for real estate fees and dues
- Mileage reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time